Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Presto!! Pesto is the Best-o!!

I tried to post this last night, and for some reason was only able to view or publish the following paragraph:

It's finally quiet, though temporarily in my house.  Everyone is napping but me, and I have wonderful scents of cheese and garlic wafting thru my kitchen.  Bliss.  Today has been one of those days where everyone is loud, rowdy, and in the right place but at the wrong time.  Days like this require pesto.  (Then again, what day doesn't?!)

So what does that tell me?  Hmmm...  perhaps something about a lesson in patience.  Which I suppose is only appropriate with the type of day that yesterday was.  Nothing was where it should have been, no one (under the age of 6) was willing to do what they were supposed to do, and me??  I was suprised I woke up with hair on my head this morning!


But I did.  And I woke up to the beautiful sun shining thru my window, reflecting little fractals in the 8 to 10 or so inches of snow still laying on the fields of my property and that of the wonderful neighbors across the way.  And quiet.  I woke up to quiet.  *insert amazing sound effects here*  How good is God!?!

So here is what I was planning on sharing last night.  A wonderful pesto chicken salad, that my 5-year old is absolutely in love with!


Pesto Chicken Salad Sammiches
Yes, sammiches!


Served with fresh baked fries!!  Yum-o!

»2 large chicken breasts, marinated in your favorite Italian style dressing
»Your favorite pesto
»Walnuts, chopped
»Mozzerella or Provolone cheese, shredded
»Alfalfa sprouts
»Tomato (it you'd like...  I didn't have any.)
»That amazing Italian Herb and Cheese Bread you made a couple of weeks ago (did I mention it freezes well??)
»Just a little butter

Grill or sauté your chicken.  While it's cooking, slice your bread for sandwiches.  When your chicken is done, cube it inot pieces about 3/4" and stir together with your chopped nuts and most of your pesto.  Spread a very light layer of butter on your bread, then spread pesto.  You just want enough butter that the bread doesn't soak up all the pesto.  Pile your chicken salad on one side, then cover both with cheese.  Place open faced in the oven until the cheese melts. 

When you remove it from the oven, place sprouts on, then close, and slice.  YUM!!


~Jesus said to them, I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.  John 6:35~


No comments:

Post a Comment